Following an architectural competition, Ilkley Lawn Tennis & Squash Club appointed Halliday Clark Architects in March 2012 to develop the design brief for a suitable master plan. Proposals were taken forward to a detailed planning application and received approval in 2013.
Proposals for the complete redevelopment of the existing club include the following:-
- New build gym and fitness centre to replace the existing gym
- New 2-storey entrance foyer and open link to existing bar
- Refurbished changing facilities
- New build training tennis court
- New and additional car parking and defined pedestrian access from Stourton Road
- Installation of 3 No. new floodlit all weather tennis courts.
With a contract value of £1.68m the first phase of the project included the new build fitness centre, entrance foyer, and refurbishment of the existing reception and car park. Phase 1 was completed in May 2016.
ClientIlkley Lawn Tennis & Squash Club
StatusComplete May 2016